16 March 2012

THE FAMILY JEWELS...

...Phew I found them,I found them!The family jewels,my great aunties antique necklace (see below)that I volunteered to adopted years back;after having a bit of a nose and dig around the contents of big box of grainy fragile black & white family photographs.Concealed underneath the bulky blanket of black & white snap shots lay this lavish little piece of treasure,protruding out of a photo album.Sometimes it pays off to trespass.
Though stolen this necklace wasn't.According to a reliable family source (mum),the history of this dainty necklace goes way-way back to the Italian side of my families generic cocktail (Italian+Irish=moi,hence my weakness for a rich pasta dish),in which my aunt belongs.A woman after my own heart who couldn't resist the glittering lure of jewellery in any form,bracelets,bangles,rings,lockets,earrings,necklaces and particularly partial to dramatic loud costume pieces.Despite apparently being a shy character(I-love-irony),I can appreciate such contradictions,gravitating towards the most vibrant prints and stacking on piles of mixed rings which extend over my knuckles is a daily ritual practice of mine a method (so to speak)to compensate for my own reserved character traits...
I digress,focusing back on the family jewels.It was rejected,snubbed and stuffed away into the box after being described by many as too gordy.Which completely baffled me,how could anyone disown such a lovely decorative little necklace?Encouraged by sympathy for the sweet necklace I felt compelled to get involved and rehome it,alas I failed.By misplacing her,the guilt weighed heavy on my heart.Was it karma for trespassing without permission,then assuming the reject was mine for the taking?Was this my great aunt,slapping my hand for being a greedy curious magpie?Swooping off with her shiny belongings,was my use/styling of her necklace somehow offensive?Thus greeted with much disapproval from up above..?I'll never know if all of the above is valid and the reason for being temporarily departed from my adored necklace?Lost now found.She and I are united,must do the family jewel justice...



























photos,prettyneons



P.S...Have yourselves a pretty weekend,dear readers! xXx






























No comments: